SPIRITUAL GROWTH / BECOMING MORE LIKE JESUS
1Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 2Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 3Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. 4For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. 5There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all, who is overall, in all, and living through all.
7However, he has given each one of us a special gift through the generosity of Christ. 8That is why the Scriptures say, “When he ascended to the heights, he led a crowd of captives and gave gifts to his people.”
If you are trying to be more like Jesus by focusing only on your behavior, that’s a start, but you are leaving out your mind and spirit. Your mind and spirit man must become more like Jesus, too.
- We need to learn more about Jesus and His Word and how it applies to us today.
- We need to learn how to be big enough to admit we are wrong and learn how to change.
- We need to be willing to change and grow as a person so that we can succeed in being more like Jesus.
To live a meaningful life that pleases Jesus, we need to be growing on the inside as much as we are on the outside.
Ephesians 4:7-8, above, says that all who belong to Jesus, all who are on His team, are given special gifts. Sometimes they are called ‘’Spiritual gifts’’ because the Spirit of God gave them to us.
How can you find out what your Spiritual Gift is?
- Read God’s Words. Learn the Bible and what it means.
- Try to see things in a Spiritual way. Like in lesson 7 where we talked about our battles being spiritual and not physical. Try to see the spiritual problem. Try to see things the way God sees them.
- Be willing to quickly repent and change when you realize you are wrong or have done wrong, or maybe even have NOT done the right thing.
- Think of others first. How do they feel? How can you help them to know Jesus loves them?
Practice these things and you will begin to grow in knowledge and spirit. And like anything, it gets easier the more you practice. The more you practice, the more you become like Jesus.
KEEP PRACTICING. ASK GOD TO HELP YOU. KEEP GROWING.